Our Iceberg is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions – John Kotter, Holger Rathgeber
Set the Stage
- Create a Sense of Urgency
- Help others see the need for change and the importance of acting immediately.
- Pull Together the Guiding Team
- Make sure there is a powerful group guiding the change-one with leadership skills, credibility, communications ability, authority, analytical skills, and a sense of urgency
Decide what to do
- Develop the Change Vision and Strategy
- Clarify how the future will be different from the past, and how you can make that future a reality.
Make it happen
- Communicate for Understanding and Buy In.
- Make sure as many others as possible under-stand and accept the vision and the strategy
- Empower others to act
- Remove as many barriers as possible so that those who want to make the vision a reality can do so.
Produce Short-Term Wins
- Create some visible, unambiguous successes as soon as possible.
Don’t Let up
- Press harder and faster than the first successes. Be relentless with initiating change after change until the vision is a reality.
Make it stick
- Create a New Culture
- Hold on to the new ways of behaving, and make sure they succeed, unitl they become strong enough to replace old traditions.
- The role of thinking and feeling
- Thinking differently can help change behavior and lead to better results.
- Collect data, analyze it.
- Present the information logically to change people’s thinking.
- Changed thinking, in turn , can change behavior
- Feeling differently can change behavior more and lead to even better results.
- Create surprising, compelling and if possible visual experiences
- The experiences change how people feel about a situation
- A change in feelings can lead to a significant change in behavior
Get the real stuff from the following link
Have a look at
Stay Tuned and Have Fun.